[leveller] Re: Image overlay utility

  • From: Chris Dordoni <dordoni@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leveller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 13:02:50 -0400

I understand this is an early version; in the event you don't already have plans for a proportion lock option when resizing, please add that to the functionality.

Chris

On 10/11/2011 2:06 AM, Ray Gardener wrote:

As a prelude to a new image overlay feature in Leveller, I've made a Win32 applet that does the same thing in a more general manner.

If you download and run

http://www.daylongraphics.com/download/usr/ImageWindow dot exe

You'll get a simple window into which you can load uncompressed TGA images.

Use the "File, Set Opacity..." command to change the window's transparency (minimum of 25%). Then you can position the window over Leveller (or any other program, for that matter) to check registration of visual elements. For example, if you are trying to arrange a Leveller scene that matches a photograph, you would load the photo into ImageWindow, position the window over Leveller's scene pane, and then get an idea of what camera adjustments or terrain modeling would be required.

Ray