[lektrik_flyers] tiny yellow servos

  • From: Bill Beavers <bbeavers57@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lektrik_flyers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 16:15:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hey do any of you have any insights into the tiny
Dragonfly servos that are being advertised all over
ebay?  They have a 6 gram and a 9 gram version for
around $10 ea.  The 6 gram is really tiny and should
be great for light stuff like Pico's, etc., but what
about things like the fancy foam planes?

Will these servos handle the Pitts, the Cap, and the
Edge540?  Since I just bought all three of those kits,
I was curious before I went in for the servos for
them.  If the 9 gram are better suited, I will go for
the slightly extra torque over the extra 3 grams, but
if the 6 gram versions can handle it, I would like to
get those little puppies.

I will get standard GWS Naro's for my Micro Whizz, or
some Hitec 55S.  I already have two of those so could
just buy one more and be set on the that I think.

Man, the flying yesterday was as much fun as I have
had at it in a long time.  Everything just seemed to
be working and was right.  Even if I did break the
nose of my homemade jet, but hey that is what epoxy is
for! :D  It will FLY again... maybe! ;-)

I think we should try to plan a Saturday fly at the
park and also just make it a day and fire up the
barbie, and eat and fly all day long.  If we are gonna
do that, we will have to do it soon as the weather
will start to erode on us in a few weeks probably.  I
can't do it next Saturday, but if you want to start
throwing out dates to shoot for, then let's see if we
can get a concensus and do it!  I can do almost ANY
Saturday after this coming one (Sept. 18).

If we all just bring stuff or sort of sign up to be
responsible for bringing certain stuff, we should be
able to cover it pretty good.  Anyway, just an idea.

=====
Bill Beavers
Director of Technology and Distance Learning
Arch Ford Education Cooperative
bbeavers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://af1.afsc.k12.ar.us

http://mail.yahoo.com