From: "Axel Collier" <axel.collier@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRflex] Re: walk around lens R3 (was: Anyone using Angenieux)
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 19:37:50 +0100

Thank you Aram
thanks everybody for the beautifull pictures and the interesting comments.
One day i want to be as good as you guys, but i am only addicted since two
years, so i guess i have some time left to catch up ;-)
This is not a walk in the park for me, but i will do my best to communicate
what i want.
@ Richard from Michigan and Douglas
"I'd suggest asking what kind of 'walking around' is it you most frequently
do." I agree that is a key question.
But I am afraid there is no easy answer. I take pictures everywhere and all the
time .. Mostly people, dogs in action, cycling, low light situations, but also
nature ...
If I were only interested in one kind of photography, it would be easier. Take
a look at my Flickr page if you want to know
more.http://www.flickr.com/photos/44847726@N08/
(Do not take my first film experiments to seriously, i only wanted to try
things etc. Take a look at my sets, at the right of the screen, I think that
says it all ... )
I agree with Richard (and others like Herman) that primes are important tools,
he likes them and so do I !
I agree with Dougles (and 'ultra wild' Philippe) about the wider angles. I like
them a lot. Beautifull pictures Douglas, very nice. I have a 24mm Ais Nikon,
manual focus off course, not since long, but I use it with my FE-Nikon, and i
love it. 24mm is wide enough for me to get the feeling. What would 19mm be like
???? I wonder.
But sometimes you need a zoom just to get the (a?) shot ...
If Gary, Aram, Robert, and William are convinced that the 35-70mm f4 is great,
it must be very very good ;-)
I do not want to start a debate 'primes vs. zooms'.
So maybee i should get both ?!
But i have to start somewhere.
So maybee you can send me some pictures. I want to know which lens would give
me the best Leica look for the money.
Is it a 19mm, a 28mm, a 35mm f2, a 50mm summicron, the 35-70mm?
Show me some of your work, pictures that are different, that i think will help
me best
Aram for example has the zoom and the prime ... He could send me pictures of
both ?
thank you so much in advance
greetings, Axel