[LRflex] Re: the beautiful faces of dementia, three more....

  • From: Steve Barbour <steve.barbour@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 07:30:12 -0700

On Jul 24, 2010, at 7:12 AM, <tedgrant@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/PAW2010/jack.jpg.html
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/PAW2010/lupe.jpg.html
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/PAW2010/mary2.jpg.html
>
> Hi Steve,
> Three more reasons to keep your project going!
>
> Given faces tend to illustrate the effects of dementia, a kind of blankness
> if that's the correct word? Obvously not all folks.
>
> In this case the big smiling face of Jack is wonderful as it gives an
> entirely opposite appearance of many of the other subjects. A viewer of his
> photograph wouldn't consider this gentlman suffering with dementia.

Jack is a lawyer. This was one of his first days admitted for dementia care. He
was trying so hard to make a good impression. When I asked his name he said
Mike,

his name is Jack,

> It, your project, continues to grow so wonderfully that in my minds eye I
> see many of them as large powerful photographs as a gallery exhibition in a
> powerful positive manner. After all they are still people like the rest of
> us and many actually appear as beautiful portraits with no illness.

thank you Ted, I appreciate your input, your insight is without equal.

I too would love to see these as large photos/prints  for an exhibition, then I
hope a book will happen.

thank you for your ongoing support,

Steve