[LRflex] Re: "the beautiful faces of dementia"

  • From: <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 16:22:36 -0700

Steve Barbour showed his magic touch of capturing human beings at precisely
the right moment!

"Cartier Bresson move over real quick! There's a new kid on the block, so
get out of the way! :-)

Steve mon ami,
Absolutely wonderful moments. I mean the hands in the first photograph! The
magical expression in the second... Hell don't think .... SHOOT!  As a
photographer this is the ultimate observational moment of tripping the
shutter.... "LOOK AT THE HANDS!" CLICK!! They say so much in that
mili-second of shutter release. And ladies and gentlemen that's what people
photography is all about!

It's all about see, feel, shoot! Never mind all the damn techie stuff
because if you are a photographer who must think about each exposure? Go
shoot rocks, ferns and non-breathing things like AA!

Live human beings wherever they maybe it's completely .... "Feel---- shoot!"
and faster than that! :-)

Wonderful project Steve, hang tough with it mon ami and you have a prize
winning project and book in the end!

I don't believe I've ever seen anything like your project in the past 60
years as a professional photojournalist!, so old buddy stay with it as your
talent is going to produce a prize winning project and book! :-)

cheers,
Dr. ted :-)

" <steve.barbour@xxxxxxxxx>