[LRflex] Re: reaching for more...

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 20:06:32 -0800 (PST)

Hi Steve,
"you must know your equipment, then trust it, then it will be right...."

Excellent advice.

I haven't been mulling abandonment of slr shooting so much as pondering a way
to add a rangefinder & preferable digital to my equipment acquisition plans.
There is just something glorious in the M8/M9 images I see. It's a bit like
that mythic 'syren' call pulling sailors to their doom on the island's rocky
shoals. Even the Epson RD1 with it's 'primitive' innards seems quite intriguing
to ponder.

With my mobility limitations and the deep loss in load carrying abilities I've
experienced - I'm seeing a nice upside to carrying a 'little' rangefinder
around the neck with a couple a tiny primes nestled in my pockets. I'm a big
dude who stands near six feet tall and solidly over 200 pounds, but while the
shell is big the frame inside has become quite weak.

I fondly recall carrying around my neck one body loaded with color, one with
black and white, a lens filled camera bag dangling off one shoulder, and my
tripod nestled atop the other, all afternoon with hardly a problem. Just the
satisfaction of some honorable aches well earned and easily shooed away with a
motrin or two :-).

Now 2 Ultram tablets 3 times a day don't begin to keep the aches away! :-)

Sometimes I feel like I'm 42 going on 82!

Sincerely,
Richard In Michigan

Whenever you have an efficient government you have a dictatorship.
- Harry S Truman