[LRflex] Re: open for comments

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 15:08:20 -0700

Aram wrote:

Hi Ed. The snake does it for me. One heck of a shot. Well lit and great composition. What did you use on your D40?

Aside from what David told you, also invest in the Nikon magnifier eyepiece (DK-21M). <http://www.nikonusa.com/Find-Your-Nikon/ProductDetail.page?pid=25339>http://www.nikonusa.com/Find-Your-Nikon/ProductDetail.page?pid=25339 It fits the Canon eyepiece perfectly. I never had a problem on my Rebel XTi. David had a problem on his D20 (?) with it moving about a bit until he notched the camera so the detents fit tightly.

I could not hope to manual focus my Leica lenses w/o it.  Cheap

Aram

Hi Ed!

Aram is right ... as I'm now using the Oly, I forgot about the DK-21M. In Canada, about $29, and worth every penny. It made a huge difference for me, with MF Leica lenses on the 20D & 30D. I lost a couple of 'em, until I used a Dremel tool to notch the eyepiece, so that the spring clips snapped into place. Aram has not, to my knowledge, had that problem.