[LRflex]

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 07:24:42 -0800

Epson P-2000 "Photo-Bank".    40GB Hard drive, with the best screen
(3.8") in the business.  Built in card reader for CF and SD
cards.  USB2 for downloads (your computer - PC or Mac - sees it as an
external hard drive). Silver finish. Excellent condition. No
scratches on screen, or unit.

This item was used, very successfully, for a trip, 11 months ago, to
Costa Rica. I downloaded the cards from my Canon 20D, reviewed the
photos, and brought 'em home!  Shortly afterwards, I bought a Leica
DMR, sold the Canon, and then discovered that while it supports Epson
(RD-1), Nikon (NEF) and Canon (CRW & CR2) raw files, the P-2000 does
not support. DNG files.  You can store them and retrieve them, just
fine, but you cannot view them.  (Oh...it also supports Tif and Jpg
files, for those of us who do not shoot RAW.)

So...  Currently selling at  B&H and others (including Epson, direct)
for US$399.

With original box, padded case, instructions, charger, all cords and
cables.  $289 + shipping.

Reviews:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/accessories/P-2000.shtml
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/epsonp2000/