[LRflex] Re: leicareflex Digest V4 #292

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 00:47:37 +0200

Keith,
a Trabant is of course in the historical section of the VW museum, as are a couple of other vehicles never built by VW. What I didn't spot there was a Philippe of any kind, or in fact any thing else produced in France :-) BTW, the latest car-theft statistics in Germany reveal that the Trabi is indeed still very popular - Porsche leads the insurers statistics and is followed by the Trabi before BMW, Audi and MB (No joke!!!)
Cheers
Douglas

KEITH LONGMORE wrote:
Hi Philippe
Sounds like you're a man after my own heart! I own a C3, my third Citroen. With fuel the price it is in the UK, bigger cars are now VERY much a luxury (unless of course they are company cars!!) But......how about a Trabbie? You might not be able to boast about its size, or its plush interior, super performance, fantastic safety,...but, my God, you can certainly boast about its carbon footprint!!!! ;-) Now there's REAL macho! :-D They are even renowned for shedding a wheel or two at frequent intervals. Now how many cars have a unique reputation like that? And I bet you didn't spot one in the VW hall........
Cheers
Keith