  Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 18:11:52 -0700
From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRflex] Re: DM-R
Alan Siegle wrote:

>   Yes I have the 12 volt car cable that plugs into the 120 volt
> charger, it doesn't connect directly to the DM-R.

No, it connects to the DM-R's battery, directly.

>How many batteries do you have, and how many exposures are you
>getting from one battery (knowing that is a factor of LCD use too).

I ran my battery dry, for the first time, the other day.  I got
exactly 139 photos, but that was with a LOT of chimping, and the
camera was on for a good 4.5 hours.

I consider a second batter a necessity of life and will have one
ordered as soon as I stay in one spot for more than 2 days!

----

Congratulations, Alan, on the acquisition of your DM-R!

There is no doubt, the DM-R is a quirky machine, with a steep
learning curve as compared to, say, the Canons... but it is capable
of delivering results like nothing else I've ever seen.

BTW: I enjoyed your Northern Lights shots.. I haven't seen the Aurora
Borealis like that since I lived in the Yukon, way back in '66 & '67!

Cheers!

---

David Young,
Logan Lake, CANADA

alansiegle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

View my photographs by visiting my Homepage at-
http://homepage.mac.com/alansiegle