[LRflex] Re: in the neurosurg OR...

  • From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 10:12:36 -0700

Steve Barbour showed:

Subject: [LRflex] in the neurosurg OR...

images from the last few days...with the neurosurgeons.

http://www.solio.us/gallery/PAW/gregl2

http://www.solio.us/gallery/PAW/opening

http://www.solio.us/gallery/PAW/threehands_001

http://www.solio.us/gallery/PAW/hands4

http://www.solio.us/gallery/PAW/spritz2

Steve you just have to love shooting in an orthopedic OR with the hammers,
chisels and power drills! Oh, not to forget the sweet sound of the power saw
cutting it's way through a leg bone! :-) Always a real grabber right after
you've had breakfast! :-)  Or the "gentle" aroma and smoke emanating from a
cauterizing knife? Scalpel?  :-)

Nice set of pictures, love the B&W right in close on the "Opening." Although
this is one that should be up close in their face, "colour!"  :-)

I figure if the list people are so taken with colour, rather than content
and power in B&W, then one should definitely shoot colour and not miss one
bit of the colourful blood and guts of the scene.

I mean they all like the colour of flowers, why wouldn't they appreciate the
colour of intestines being removed up close and bloody? :-) And the light is
spectacular creating magnificent colour!! :-)

ted