[LRflex] formula for lens cleaning fluid

  • From: David Simms <simmszee@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 19:03:00 -0800 (PST)

hello everyone;
A few years ago I had learned a Leica-approved formula for lens cleaning fluid
but, I can't find the bit I had mixed and I'm unsure of its composition.

I believe it went something like this; equal parts of distilled water, kerosene
and methyl hydrate. Anyone remember whether this is IT ?

I try NOT to clean lenses at all, if possible. However, my filters bear the
brunt of the abuse that they get protecting the front elements and they need to
be cleaned.

Cheers
Dave