[LRflex] Re: a few...

  • From: "William B. Abbott III" <wbabbott3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 22:53:56 -0700

Steve,

On Jun 21, 2008, at 4:16 PM, Steve Barbour wrote:

which of these do you prefer, why?

I like them all, to some degree, specifically:

http://www.solio.us/gallery/PAW/albren

The skin tones are very dark for my taste, although the folks may indeed be that dark skinned. A bit of "fill light" a la Lightroom would help, IMHO. I wish it had a mildly blurred background as Kimberly has and not the all but washed out one.

It is tonally a reverse of the church & black sky, and lacks a place for me to instantly look, to grab my eye; eventually I find the boy's eyes but I have to work at it. Emotionally it is very touching and I can almost feel the boy's chest under my hand, as I have felt my own childrens' little chests many years ago.

http://www.solio.us/gallery/PAW/pair

Nicely composed and photographed but not my style of whimsy. Color might change my mind.

http://www.solio.us/gallery/PAW/kimberly

My favorite because it is a nicely exposed friendly face, always a winner IMHO; the flat light, the smile and hair highlight catch my eye against a softly blurred background It could be cropped much harder and a little bit of fill light on the eyes would help.

http://www.solio.us/gallery/PAW/blacksky

A beautiful "art photo." Not for the AP or the Daily Blat. Reminds me of something Georgia O;Keefe might have done. it too could be cropped much harder before entering it in a photography contest.
.
All the best,

Bill