[LRflex] Re: a few...

  • From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 13:38:03 -0700

Linda Vermeiren wrote:

> Dear Steve,

> I prefer the lady (same comment as Bill) and the church (the same)

> The portraits from the Hopi boy  (is that the right tribe?) , could be
worked on in photoshop with (adjustments:shadow and highlight) or simply by
levels and curves.<<<<

Linda,

One should be careful about trying to lighten the skin of some folks just
because you are accustomed to seeing predominantly white folks.

Quite often black people are really really black and it's best to leave well
enough alone and don't try messing with levels and other Photoshop
adjustments as you might do the people a disservice trying to make them look
lighter. Accept that ius the way they are.

Linda isn't alone, as I do believe there have been several comments about
making the skin lighter?

Just a passing thought having photographed many black and very dark skinned
people over the years.

ted

thank you Linda...really not the best light, hard to make them light,

and look correct as they are very dark skinned...

> You can also do "open as "  CAMERA RAW and your jpeg photo appears

> and even the black and white tones , every channel magenta, blue can

> bne looked upon , also in black and white (adjustmenst in your

> layers , just like levels and curves)CS3.

> My fingers are itching to do try that.

please have a go at it,

Steve

<wbabbott3@xxxxxxxxxxx

>>> http://www.solio.us/gallery/PAW/albren

>>> http://www.solio.us/gallery/PAW/pair

>>> http://www.solio.us/gallery/PAW/kimberly

>>> http://www.solio.us/gallery/PAW/blacksky

>> A beautiful "art photo." Not for the AP or the Daily Blat. Reminds

>> me  of something  Georgia O;Keefe might have done. it too could be

>> cropped  much harder before entering it in a photography contest.

>> .

>> All the best,

>> Bill

>> ------