[LRflex] Re: a few...

  • From: <holtzw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 10:29:13 -0700

Steve,

In order: albren, kimberly, blacksky, pair.

I agree with others that albren is a little dark; you lose the outline of the
girl’s head.  Maybe the scene contrast exceeded that of the M8 sensor?  On the
other hand, those “protecting hands” say it all, a very powerful image.

How can you not like the kimberly shot?  I call this an honest portrait.  No
makeup, no posing, just a window into the true character of the subject.  Nice.

In blacksky you use, and control, the high contrast to your advantage.  I am
sure you want this as a b&w shot but, as addressed by previous forum
discussions, I wonder what a deep blue sky would look like.

The pair photo is more difficult for me to evaluate.  It is a nice shot but I
think I would appreciate it more if I recognized and could relate to the
artwork.  This is more a comment on me maybe than on your photo.

Bill