[LRflex] Re: Woe is me.....

  • From: "David Young" <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Aram Langhans" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 19:55:04 -0700

In a message dated 22/08/2011, Aram Langhans said ...

> After leaving David's house in Logan lake, I was wandering down 99 towards
> Vancouver taking photos of waterfalls, and at Nairn falls my 35-70/4 R lens
> fell from it's bag on my waist to the ground and went thump.

Hi Aram!

Sorry to hear of your troubles... given your unfortunate timing squeeze,
and your desire to have the Leica lens fixed (eventually), have you
considered a USED Nikon lens, for the one trip?  Might be a chunk cheaper.

Not sure about duties, but  I've had excellent results from Gerry Smith, at
Kindermann, (Toronto). Good, but very slow.

Good Luck!
--
David Young - Photographer
Logan Lake, CANADA