[LRflex] Water Spots?

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LRflex <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 07:44:13 -0700

Good Mornin' All!

For a reasonably busy list, it's been pretty quite the last couple of
days... everyone taking fall holidays?

Anyway, I have an odd question...

I'm getting spots on my LeiCanon shots and I'd like to know what causes
them...

If you go to http://www3.telus.net/telyt and click on "Featured Photo",
you'll see the problem.

Above the Heron's head, just to the left of his eye, and half way
between the top of his head and the top of the photo, you'll see a
small, round, translucent gray spot.  Where the feathers end, underneath
his bill, and down just a bit, you'll see another.  There are a couple
of weaker ones... the first half way between his neck and the left side
of the shot, about 40% of the way up from the bottom, and another in the
dark band above it, and a bit to the right.  Lastly, there is a weak one
toward the upper left corner.

To me, they look like water spots on a negative... but these are digital
shots - so we're short one negative!

I'm told that dirt on the sensor will leave white specks, as the dust
blocks the light from the pixels.  So these aren't dirt.

They are in all my shots, I'm sure, but only show in the even, light
areas.  Worse, the position of the spots seems to change, between photos!

They're not a problem to eliminate with the Healing tool in PS, but I
wonder...  What are they?   Am I the only one to have them?  And... what
do I do about them?

Any help/thoughts greatly appreciated.

Logan Lake, BC
CANADA.