[LRflex] Re: Water Spots?

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 10:06:47 -0700

Doug Herr wrote:

>I'm not sure why dirt on the sensor would leave a white spot, after all the
>dirt is casting a shadow on the sensor so I wouldn't rule that cause out.
>

>Doug Herr

But these spots are perfectly round (dirt isn't alway so) and
translucent... something dirt rarely is.

So far, I'm buying it Douglas Sharp's theory of dust on the lens..
though I didn't think my lenses were *that* dirty!

I'll do some cleaning and testing, and report back to the group.

Thanks to all who commented...

Logan Lake, BC
CANADA.

Personal Web-site at: http://www3.telus.net/~telyt