[LRFlex] Re: UV Filters

Nick,

I've done this numerous times.

Get a step-up ring, such as a 48mm-to-52mm, for a 28mm elmarit. that way, you
can use a multi-coated Nikon filter, such as the L1BC, or L37C series. Both
have proved to be pretty much ghost free, even on my 28. I might add, that I
also use the clamp-on HAMA rectangular hood for 52mm filters. This hood is good
down to 24mm focal length without any vignetting!!!! The hood also comes with
an insert, lens cap, that has bayonet lugs inside.
These hoods come in 49mm, 52mm, and 55mm sizes and clamp on the outside of
the filters.

Sometimes you can find them on B&H's site, or you can get them directly from
HAMA, Germany, I think their web address is www.hama.de

Good luck,

Art Tafil