[LRflex] Re: Try a Novoflex Kit

  • From: "wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 13:31:03 -0500

Douglas Sharp wrote:

If you are thinking of Novoflex, then try and find the Noflexar T lenses
with a Pigriff-C or D
<<<

Seconded.  The T-Noflexar was also made for the older Pigriff-B.  For the
Pigriff-B, look for one with the accessory tripod mount ring and extension
bellows (BAL-U).  When I had this lens I added a Nikon pistol grip at the
tripod mount ring.  The Nikon pistol grip has a mechanical release with
options to use either a cable with the standard tapered release fitting or
a cable with the more secure Nikon fitting (for older F bodies).

I shouldn't have sold that lens.  A little lower contrast than the f/6.8
Telyts, but exceptionally sharp once you stop it down to f/8, and gorgeous
bokeh.

http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/corvidae/ybma01.html
http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/hirundinidae/trsw00.html
http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/ardeidae/greg02.html