[LRflex] Re: Trouble in Paradise?

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 09:42:19 -0700

Daniel Holmstr=F6m wrote:

>So have a close look at the alignment of the contacts, Mr. Young. It
>might work fine most of the time, but if there is any play in the locked
>position of the mount pin, then that might throw the cameras electrical
>connections into a fit. My camera did that and froze up completely - I
>even had to remove the battery to get it working again. Anyway, that's
>my two =F6re's worth.

Hi Daniel!

We've just got back from Hornby Island, where my=20
camera reported the dreaded "ERROR 01 -=20
Communications error between camera & lens"  just once.

For your information, the entire camera locks up,=20
when this happens, even with the=20
adapter.  However, with mine (a 30D) I have only=20
to slightly loosen the lens and relock it in=20
position to temporarily cure the fault.  No need to remove the battery!

I have listened to all the advice given and had=20
taken a pencil eraser (very soft) with me, but=20
did not need to use it.  The problem with mine=20
appears to be some tarnish on the copper contacts=20
of the adapter's circuit board.  I will try=20
cleaning them again, and will also check=20
carefully, to see if the alignment is out, as it=20
was on yours.  Thanks for the tip!

>Thank you all who keep up on your writing and picture posting on this
>list! It's great to read and most of all to see your pictures!

Thanks, Daniel!  I hope we will hear your "voice", here, more often! :-)