[LRflex] Re: Together

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 07:35:45 -0700

Linda asked:

I would appreciate your view

<http://fotos.designing.be/Together/>http://fotos.designing.be/Together/

http://fotos.designing.be/Togetherzwartwit/

Hi Linda!

Just my personal taste, but I prefer the colour versions.

However, I see one fundamental flaw in almost every picture. Unless they are held by their mom, you are looking down on these kids. Nearly all these shots would be improved if you would shoot them at their level.

Bend you knees!  If necessary, lay on your tummy, and shoot!

We shoot portraits of adults at their level. We should do the same for kids and pets. The photos invariably look better.

A second problem is that on a number of the shots, the focus is slightly off ... it needs to be on the eyes .. and if the subject is not directly facing the camera, it needs to be on the eye nearest the camera.