[LRflex] Re: Today's Newspaper

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 12:00:38 -0400

 _____________________________________

On Oct 27, 2011, at 11:36 AM, Steve Barbour <steve.barbour@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Hey Steve!
>> Wouldnt it be the height of kewlness if somebody, say APPLE!, would just
>> invent a phone that had a giant screen and was a wonderful little camera and
>> could fit in a Persons Pocket, too?
>>
>> Bet if someone invented such a thing they could sell millions of the dang
>> things!
>

> especially if it was also an EKG machine....

They are already making kits to turn iPads into Oscillioscopes (multiple
vendors even!) and some ngo's are making kits to turn an iphone into extreme
magnification medical microscopes on the cheap and others are working to come
up with cheap kits to turn iphones into low cost machines to run field blood
work and serum diagnostic tests.

If they can do those things, an EKG module to run leads into the bottom of an
iPhone ought not to be a bridge to far!

Heck iPhones a used to having to read weak electrical signals trying to stay
connected to ATT's crappy network! :-D

Besides... next time some twit is showing off the latest greatest Angry Birds
App,
Wouldnt it be the ultimate cocktail party slam to say: that's very nice, I use
my phone to treat people having heart attacks.

Richard
Snarkiness Abounds