[LRFlex] Re: Tilt and Shift

  • From: Jim Hemenway <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 14:45:44 -0400

Xavier:

I don't know about this particular lens, but can tell you that the 30mm fisheye Arsat for medium format exhibits a lot of chromatic aberration, especially at the edges.

Small prints are ok but you'll see the "rainbows" with large prints.

I also have the 30mm fisheye for my Rollei 6008 and it is heads and shoulders above the Arsat. I would guess that the same is true regarding Arsat versus Leica R glass.

Jim

Bille Xavier F. wrote:

Hello To All

I have come across this web site :
http://araxfoto.com/specials/tilt-shift-35/

It describes a tilt / shift lens.

On Ebay, the price for these ARSAT are not too expensive.

Any one has used these special lenses (from Leica or third party). Any example?

Reading a book about digital Photo technique, I've seen that Photo shop has a menu for persepective control. So, are those lens really useful?

G'Day.
Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons-Alfort - France.