[LRflex] Re: This is NOT a drill...

  • From: "William B. Abbott III" <captbilly3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 11:52:55 -0700

On Jul 17, 2009, at 10:38 AM, David Young wrote:

 Locally, the dead pine is simply called "bugwood".

Wonderful; I will use that, with grateful attribution..

I was amused, last summer, to over-hear a real-estate agent telling a prospective buyer of some bulk land fronting one of our nearby lakes, that "those trees are the famous Canadian Red Pine"....

Very high on the short list of Most Creative Phrases in the World, I would say, clearly among the All Time Favorites, and a candidate for the P.T. Barnum "There is a sucker born every minute" Medal of Distinction.

Thanks for the smiles.

Bill