[LRflex] Re: The other R10 - Leica User Forum

  • From: Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 16:59:34 +0200

David Young wrote:

Good Mornin' Phil!

I'm not sure I agree with you, about the size of the R7. As you know, I've owned the R5 and 6 as well as the R8 & 9. While I loved the R8/9, I also loved the R5 and 6. I use Rose's K10d, which is smaller than any "R" camera, and even with my big mitts, the controls are quite workable.

Sorry David, I meant location and size of the switches/buttons is at stake, not size in itself - Alice's E400, and my daughter's E410 are simply too good to handle while lightweight, and efficient. What I mean is the ergonomics . <>Contax had had Porsche work on their bodies, and it showed and could be felt. I'll always miss that. Even with the R8 which is far better than previous Rs in so many respects even if it is bulkier.

If I had a choice between R7 and R9 sized bodies, I'd go for the R7 size ... providing the finder was at R8/9 quality levels. Something I'm pretty sure the Leica will manage.

As for an electronic finder in a coming R camera ... I don't think you'll see such a thing for many a year.

Whose nose?

David Young, Logan Lake, CANADA

Limited Edition Prints at: www.furnfeather.net <http://www.furnfeather.net/>
Personal Web-site at: www.main.furnfeather.net <http://www.main.furnfeather.net/>