[LRflex] The Osprey

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 09:02:28 -0700

When I posted my shot of the Whitetail doe, the other day, I mentioned that I'd seen her while walking towards an Osprey nest.

Ospreys tend to build their nests in the open tops of large trees. Power transmission poles, because of their high, open tops, are also favourites.

Here is one of the parents, about to land with some nesting material, to replace that tossed "overboard", by the young one.

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/Osprey.htm

Comments, criticism appreciated as always.