[LRflex] Re: The Ex-pat...

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 08:58:27 -0700

At 12/10/2008, you wrote:

On Oct 11, 2008, at 11:21 PM, David Young wrote:

Earlier, this evening, as I was sitting down to watch the 6 o'clock
news, I spotted a flock of American Robins landing in my back yard,
in search of worms.

I grabbed the camera, lay down on the floor and shot through the
glass door.

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/Robin.html

that's very, very nice...what were you shooting with David?

Srteve

Good Mornin' Srteve!  (or did you mean to type "Sir Steve"?  ;-) )

The Oly E3, with 50~200 and 1.4x converter.  Range, about 15 feet.

I lost several shots due to motion of the bird, for the light was rapidly fading. Exposure was 1/100th @ f5. ISO 320.

Contrast was reduced by the dog & cat "nose crud" on the glass, but that was easily remedied in the GIMP.

Thanks for looking!

Cheers1