[LRflex] Re: The DMR as a Collectible.

  • From: Colin Howarth <colin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 18:31:33 +0100

This is interesting. I don't know what proportion of pros do what.

Certainly sports photographers need fast autofocus and auto-exposure
and lot's of frames per second. And I suppose news photographers need
it too. Fashion photographers used to use medium format. Maybe they
use MF digital backs, or maybe they just use a 1Ds Mk II. Landscapes
and product photography used to be large format. Maybe they all use a
1Ds Mk II as well now.

Basically, I think if they want a Pro camera which pros will want, it
has to be like a Canon 1Ds Mk II - only better.

Full-frame. Lot's of megapixels, matrix metering, lots of frames per
second, very low noise, fast autofocus lenses, compatibility with old
lenses.

I'm not sure how they can do this. Price wouldn't be too important,
as long as image quality and speed were better.

These are just my speculations - as I'm not a pro.

colin