[LRflex] Re: Telyt 400mm f/5.6

  • From: Douglas Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 07:47:12 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Ingemar Ljungqwist <ingemar.ljungqwist@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>if I read you right the f6,8 has a slight advantage over the f5,6, but
>perhaps not enough to justify a change?

I think the differences in handling are more significant than the differences
in optical performance.  BTW if you should decide to change to the f/6.8, don't
allow anyone to tell you the f/5.6 isn't worth much in trade.  It's much more
scarce than the f/6.8 and often is priced higher on the second-hand market.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento