[LRflex] Re: Telyt 400mm f/5.6

  • From: Douglas Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 05:24:56 -0700

On Jul 26, 2006, at 2:28 AM, Ingemar Ljungqwist wrote:

> Telyt 400/5,6?
> I have followed the discussions about the 400 mm/6,8 Telyt, but nobody
> has ever mentioned anything of the f5,6 version. I have made some very
> satisfactory results with it, even if it is a bit dizzy at the edges at
> full aperture. I have never had the chance to compare it with the f6,8
> though, and am a little curious how my lens is rated among people who
> actually compared the two. If anyone out there have the knowledge and
> experience of the lens, please let me know.

I found the contrast a bit lower and flare not as well-controlled with
the f/5.6 compared with the f/6.8.  Hand-held, I prefer the f/6.8.  On
a tripod I prefer the handling of the f/5.6, particularly the control
of fine focus.  The f/6.8 has more options for adding extension tubes.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com