[LRflex] Summilux lens on FourThirds, a proposal to David :)

Hi David,

I have a super feed back from the KOTL of the russian website of the Oly Club,
Hassler.  A very nice guy who wrote in substance about the lip that licks the
lens guard (I sent him that picture of Summicron 50):

We now about this problem, and so our chip is thickness of 1 mm.

Also he said:
We glue chip to Leica R adapter with out any support, we just use special epoxy
glue,  in this case, this is the best choice.

The support is a small plastic tag which helps secure the chip, it looks in
thickness like David's Adapter. Now, if the chip is drowned in epoxy, it should
withstand more than one monting/dismounting. Originally, the chip is glued with
super glue.
You said Fragile? Hmmm probably...
I suggest a small "shoulder" behind the chip, less large than the chip but
offering a pole against which the chip PCB would rest. Sorry my english is
giving up..... to be tested

Now, I am about to buy a adapter ready made from him, the Russian KOTL and give
a try. David, if you are not in a hurry, I'll tell you and the list what is all
about.

If this is all right, a bulk order could be set up, the guy Hasseler seems to
be very cooperative in business. The german PayPal takes a 10% on the price,
come on !

If you feel interested in the adventure beforehand, let me know, David, I'll
order 2 adapters and I'll ship one to Canada for you to evaluate. Just let me
know. I can place the order on tuesday morning, tomorrow Monday is off.

All details can be off list. Dear FLexers, we are networking to offer the "ZE"
very best :)

Cheers.---------------------------------Xavier F. BILLE Maisons-Alfort - France.

Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 08:26:49 -0700To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [LRflex] Re: Summicron lens on FourThirds
(Revisited)Good Mornin', Xavier!I have written the chap who is the German agent
for the Russian Dandelion chip.  From the illustrations, it appears that the
Dandelion chip protrudes less into the "throat" of the adapters, and thus "may"
allow the lip or guard that is found on the back of many Leica lenses, to clear
- thus allowing infinity focus.  However, the only way to be sure is to buy one
and try it.  I will report what I find, after I can obtain one.Meanwhile, it
appears that just about any lens with the "guard" on the back of the lens will
have problems with the Chinese FC adapter and perhaps the Russian one will,
too.For me, I wanted the FC adapter for the Telyt, which, of course, has no
mechanism within 50cm (20 inches) of the mount.  In the end, it turned out that
I could have saved the money, for the finder on the E3 is so far superior to
that in the 30D that the Telyt is easily focused, without the need for Focus
Confirmation.  Still, it is a nice convenience.  I think I will order a non-FC
adapter, for the 50 Summicron.Meanwhile, if everyone will take a peek at the
Leica lenses they own, and mail me, privately (dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) telling me
which lenses have the lip, and which do not; I will compile a list and post it
on my website, as an aid to others.Many thanks, to you all, for that.Cheers!
---
David Young,
Logan Lake, CANADA
Invite your mail contacts to join your friends list with Windows Live Spaces.
It's easy!