[LRflex] Re: Summilux is lurking to our list :)

  • From: Gautier Bartoli <gautier@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 15:40:13 +0100

>> <http://www.summilux.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=402637#402637>

> Thank you!  Some of those birds are very quick and not easy to
> photograph.
>
> I noticed that you used the 560mm f/5.6 modular APO-Telyt, can you
> tell me what you like and don't like about this lens?  The things
> I'd be most interested in are flare, bokeh, contrast, color quality,
> handling and ease of focussing (detail is a given).

I used the 280 mm f/2,8 and 400 mm f/4 for 3 or 4 years but I have the
Fous-Modul 2x (to obtain a 560 mm f/5,6 with the little head) only
since Monday. First impressions : same quality than the other
combinations, easy to focus (but my second-hand Focus-Modul is not
smooth compared to the 1x or 1,4x, I will send it so that it is
lubricated). At f/5,6, it is not too difficult to focus with a DMR; I
have tried the lens with the Apo-Extender 2x and 1,4x : with the 2x
one, it is not easy to locate a little bird ! With the 1,4x, it is
easier and the luminosity stays correct.
For the color and contrast, it is similar to the other combinations.
For the flare, I have no experience today.

Direct link for an example with the 560 mm f/5,6 :
<http://www.summilux.net/cliches/2010/1/2010_1_9_2_00008.jpg

+ Apo-Extender 1,4x :
<http://www.summilux.net/cliches/2010/1/2010_1_10_2_00009.jpg

+ Apo-Extender 2x :
<http://www.summilux.net/cliches/2010/1/2010_1_10_2_00006.jpg

It is not a comparation because the luminosity was not the same for
these 3 images.

Gautier