[LRflex] Re: Summicron lens on FourThirds (Revisited)

David,

I would, but I don't have an Oly to verify that the modified device works or doesn't work.

My sense is that grinding off part of a lens is a much more problematical effort, and can't enhance the value of that lens.

The other avenue, a bit dicey at best, is to find the maker of the adapter (Hong Kong? Shanghai? Taiwan?) and ask them to make a revised version with a larger i.d.

When you explain how that would benefit their sales, they may consider it.

Have fun,

Bill

On Mar 20, 2008, at 10:14 AM, David Young wrote:
Bill wrote:

Don't grind off the lens lip, grind off the chip!

Using a second, sacrificial adapter and chip, or chance your bought- and-paid-for one, grind it away to increase its inner diameter until it no longer works. Back off .25 mm or so and grind another.

You could have your dentist x-ray the chip to see where the leads go from the pads. That may give you a non-destructive idea of how far the chip could be shaved off. My guess is that all the pad area is not really required, i.e., smaller pads will work, but I may be wrong. The "wires" from the pads to where ever they go may be the big problem, or maybe not.

Got a Dremel tool handy?

Hi Bill!

At $60 a pop, I think not. Besides, the printed circuit runs very close to the outer edge.... though A jumper might cure a millimeter or two, of that.

How 'bout you try it, and let us know????  ;-)

Cheers!

---

David Young,
Logan Lake, CANADA