[LRflex] Re: Summicron lens on FourThirds (Revisited)

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 11:48:00 -0700

well at least all these work fine...

Elm't 180 2.8 APO...
S'lux 80mm 1.4
Elm't 60 2.8
S'lux 50mm 1.4

a few others as well, have been used without problem...not fully ready to dislclose details yet...

I haven't yet run  into any problems so far...

the only problematic one I am aware of, is the one David reported,

which is an earlyversion? 50mm summicron..

but I am just gradually using the lenses (I am not not doing tests per se)...

Any one aware of any other proven issues,

Another issue, I should mention here is the following, the focus confirmation...the beep, works for a time but occasionally and for unknown reasons, stops, not sure why at all... sometimes reseating the lens in the adapter, in the body, seems to fix it, ??maybe by reseating the alignment, I don't have a clue...that in my mind is a bigger issue, than the occasional lens that don't work...

unless someone has had other experiences we are not aware of...

Steve

On Mar 23, 2008, at 10:46 AM, David Young wrote:
Steve Barbour asked:

Good Mornin', Xavier!

I have written the chap who is the German agent for the Russian
Dandelion chip.  From the illustrations, it appears that the
Dandelion chip protrudes less into the "throat" of the adapters, and
thus "may" allow the lip or guard that is found on the back of many
Leica lenses

which ones please David?

I don't yet know, Steve. That's why I'm asking list members(that includes you, Steve!) to write me, advising which of their lenses have a "lip" or "guard" at the rear, similar to those shown at:

http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/lip.htm
http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/clearance/Summlux_50.jpg
and
http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/clearance/Summicron_35.jpg

I never did have a large collection of Leica lenses, so I need the input of others, to compile a list of what may and may not be compatible with these FC chips.

Thanks.
David.

best,
Steve