[LRflex] Re: Studio shot?

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 09:44:02 -0700

Philippe again asked:

What I also meant was is there AE / AF (permanent) lock by means of another switch/button as well ?

Yes... although, for me, it is rather poorly placed, close to the eyepiece. (Shades of the L1!) However, there is a Fn (Function) button more conveniently placed ... and the functions of the two can be swapped in the menu. As I tend to hit the function button accidentally, I have the Fn button turned off, on my camera.

Steve, full MF is fine, with good eyesight, and a bright VF so that's ok with the E3, not so much with the L1, at all. That's its main flaw from my point of view, hence the quest for another body. But the little beast has a sentimental value very much like M users must be feeling, don't ask me why.

The E3 body is definitely a step up from the L1 - particularly in the finder. Despite what's claimed about being a "pro" body, I would not call it that. It is, however very competitive in its price range ... The feel is very solid and everything seems well thought out. Although it has more buttons than I would like, They are mostly well placed and handier than I would have originally thought.

Suffice it to say that I am happy enough with the results of the E3, that if they come out with a 14mp model, I'll immediately buy one, and keep the E3 as a second/spare/backup body.