[LRFlex] Spitfire + Hurricane "Neat Image " processing comparison

  • From: "Douglas M. Sharp" <DouglasMSharp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Leica Users Group <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, LEG <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, LeicaReflex <LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, cvug <cvug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 17:05:49 +0100

Hello all,
Re-posted, a shot of a Spitfire Spitfire and Hurricane I showed some
months ago.
I reprocessed the low resolution jpeg with "Neat Image" (free demo
version) after I had given up trying to improve it with PS-Elements 2.0
some time ago.
step 1 Noise analysis
step 2 Noise filtration
step 3 HF-Sharpening
all in all about 3 minutes work.
I think, considering that it was a very poor quality image in the first
place , that the resulting filtered image shows a considerable improvement.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/Hurrican_Spitfire     Before
http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/Hurrican_Spitfire_filtered
After

There's still some speckles under the wing of the Spit' but I think I'll
resolution, maybe
it'll fix that too.

Let me know what you think of the result, and if you use Neat Image if
you have any tips or tricks you could pass on.
Douglas

   www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm