[LRflex] Re: Sonny and his 2CV, laissez bon temps rouler

  • From: "W.B. Abbott" <captbilly3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 21:53:52 -0700

On Jul 31, 2011, at 12:39 PM, <philippe.amard@xxxxxx> <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
wrote:

> Citroen also invented headlights that turned along with your steering to
> allow safer night driving, unparalleled to this day.

Philippe,

In the US, the short-lived, Post-World War II Tucker automobile had a steerable
third headlight in the middle of its hood, a Cyclops eye.

See

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1948_Tucker_Sedan

Tucker went out of business very quickly. I remember going to see the first one
that arrived in Tampa when I was in high school

Best,

Bill