[LRflex] Rover mascot and flutes..and oldtimers..

  • From: KEITH LONGMORE <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 10:04:34 +0100

Hi David
Don't know why you drew the conclusion that I didn't like the photo of the Rover mascot - I only corrected its description!

And in the interests of educating one and all:
Veteran cars - made before 1906
Edwardian cars - made between 1907 and 1920
Vintage - 1921 - 1930
Post Vintage Thoroughbred (PVT) - 1931 - 1947 or 8 (as I remember)
Classic - thereafter.
Now - be good boys, and don't you DARE get it wrong again!!! ;-)

Steve B - the flautist (more the size of an oboe! :-) ):
It may not be perfect shadow-wise, but I like it!

Oldtimers:
How about 'golden oldies'? ;-) Or VMs (Victor Meldrews) :-D ? (If you know the TV series One Foot in the Grave) A few weeks ago, I could hear a couple of thirty-somethings having a very vocal whinge at work, and I said 'You two sound like Grumpy Old Men!' The response came back 'Huh, you can talk!', to which I replied 'Yes - but I've a good excuse - I AM old!' They were speechless!

However, personally, I like Grumpy Old Man - then I can be as grumpy as and when I feel like it, and it allows me to agree when I'm accused of being one! 8-) Shuts 'em up every time!!
Cheers
Keith Longmore