[LRFlex] Re: Rlens to EOS adapter

  • From: Charles Cason <cec@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 10:31:42 -0500

Hi Bob,

I am trying to find out more about the Novoflex adapter. I could not locate it on the B&H website. Did you get one?
I am trying to decide between Steve Gandy's, Fotodiox, and Novoflex. I want to keep it one the camera and use a variety of leica R lens on it.
I would appreciate more input from you and any others about this,
Thanks
Charles Cason

Bob Palmieri wrote:

Charles -

I have one of the Fotodiox adapters. The "prying open of the sawcuts" kinda worked for me, but later loosened up to the point of having the lens & camera separate on 3 occasions. The insertion of shims fixed the looseness for good.

When I talked with the guy at Fotodiox (it's kindof a one-man operation over there) he told me that the newer R lenses actually have a slightly different cam-to-flange spec than the older ones. For this reason, I'm planning to buy the Novoflex adapter (EOS/LER they call it) soon. This one has actual springs (like the mount on the camera) which will assure a good fit with any R lensmount. $210 from B&H.

Yesterday afternoon I had a gig shooting a jazz trio; I ended up using my old 135 Elmarit lenshead (bugeye version for M rangefinders) with 3 adapters - the helical focussing mount, a Viso-to-R adapter and the Fotodiox piece. It really amuses me to have 1 lens which I can use on all of my current bodies (M-2, M-6, SL's & 20D). Here's one of those:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/musicians-06_05/Brady_Graphic

Last night I found myself at a winebar where there just wasn't much light to be had, indoors or out. So I decided it might be a good time to try that ISO3200 setting on the 20D. Here are a few quick happy snaps with minimal adjustments:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/girlsgirlsgirls

Bob Palmieri

On Jun 27, 2005, at 8:40 AM, Charles Cason wrote:

I know there has been much on this but now I am serious about jumping in and buying the C 20d. Can someone give me Steve Gandy's address? I seem to remember he is the one that has the best adapter. Is it possible to leave the adapter on the camera if you are going to use only R lens? I can but the 20d locally but will need to order the lens adapter. I will need a quick turn around on that order for a trip to Ontario in about 10 days.
Thanks for your help.
Charles