[LRFlex] Re: Rlens to EOS adapter

  • From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 08:28:42 -0700

Charles Cason asked:
Subject: [LRFlex] Re: Rlens to EOS adapter

Hi Ted, and others,
Is there much difference between the adapter made by Novoflex (with springs) and the one from CameraQuest?
I have some old 2 and 3 cam lens as well as some new ROM lens and them my long 400/560 telyts. I need an adapter that will handle all of these if that is possible.<<<

Hi Charles,
I only have experience with Stephen Gandy and CamerQuest adapters and I've never had to "shim-diddle" or anything else and they've worked under many many lens changes and they're still as tight as they were when new.

And any adapter that uses "springs and shims" then is reported to get loose and allow the lens to fall off the camera? My heavens is asking for a disaster!

They maybe cheaper but all that begets is cheap results! Oh yeah and maybe a $4-$500 dollar fix the lens bill! :-( Or worse... the cost of a new lens! :-( Thanks, but no thanks I'd stay with the extra cost and reliability without fiddling, screw drivers and shims! Need I say more!

ted