[LRflex] Replacement 'brighter' focusing screens

  • From: Jon Reid <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 08:31:49 +1000

Hi all,

I'm from Sydney and new to the list. My first question. I'm considering replacing the focusing screen in my R6.2 because I do not like split images and would prefer just ground glass or a central spot of microprisms. I would like to know what experience people have had with the so-called bright screen focusing screens, either from beattie (approx $100USD - http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/4399- REG/Beattie_82420_Intenscreen_for_Leica_R4_.html ) or the Brightscreen branded ones ( approx $200USD - http:// www.brightscreen.com/styles.html )

I've found the R6.2 screen to be a little darker than usual because of the split to the meter, but I get by - I'm young and my eyes are still good. Having said that, brighter/clearer would be welcome.

I'd appreciate any recommendations or warnings you might have.

Jon