[LRflex] Re: Red-brick Gothic (Addendum)

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 16:25:49 +0100

Hi, David, and thanks for taking a look.
The shots are taken more or less straight of the CD I got back from the lab - of course they don't tell you what scanning parameters they used in the way of shapening (I suspect they did a lot of that - a little too much for my liking) and possibly tweaked the contrast too. I'm thinking of running them through my own scanner when I have time to see if there's a difference. In fact, on one scan on the CD the tarmac of the road was violet, even though the scans of the neighbouring negatives were ok as far as the colour is concerned - I reckon the predominant red of the shot (bricks) screws up their automatic processing. If I get a chance, the big Rollei (6006) will get taken out for a walk soon - I'm looking forward to seeing some BIG slides again.
Cheers
Douglas

David Young wrote:
Hello again, Douglas!

A few minutes ago, I wrote:

/However, on my monitor it appears that the contrast is a wee bit high, in all of them. I suspect this is a consequence of over-ripened (out of date) film. There also seems to be a fair bit of grain ... particularly in the last one ... imm030_31A. This, too, may be because of the beyond date film. I just didn't expect that much grain/ from any 6x6 negative.

It turns out that the Rollei 3003 is not a 6x6 but a rather rare 35mm camera! I've been reading up on it, and it's quite a toy! I'd never run across such a camera, or even heard of it. Looks to be a very interesting device! For those who also do not know this camera, Steven Gandy's Cameraquest site has a good blurb on it. ... http://www.cameraquest.com/rol3003.htm

However the format explains the grain, so I withdraw my comments about the grain. My mistreak!

(Still a nice series of photos!)

David Young, Logan Lake, CANADA

Limited Edition Prints at: www.furnfeather.net <http://www.furnfeather.net/> Personal Web-site at: www.main.furnfeather.net <http://www.main.furnfeather.net/>