[LRflex] Re: Red Wing Blackbird - Final corrections?

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 12:20:26 -0700

At 10/06/2007, you wrote:
>Great picture, David!
>Flavio

Hi Flavio!

This photo is going to be a good test of just how good the LeiCanon
30D is.  And, how good the interpolation in PS7 is, as well!

The vertical shot was cropped from an original, horizontal shot and
was just 1260x1890 pixels!

It was then "rezzed up" in Photoshop to 3600x2400 pixels, for making
an 8x12" print at 300dpi.

I have further "rezzed up" that file to 5400x3600 pixels (to make a
12x18" print) and saved at 98% quality (a 6.7mb file ... big for a
.jpg!). This print has now been ordered.

So, the final print is roughly 4x the area that the original file was
intended for!

I won't get the print for 10 days or so (as we will be travelling for
most of next week), but I will report, here, when I get it, as to
whether it was worth the effort, or not.  On the screen, in "actual
pixels" mode, it looks remarkably good!

Thanks for looking!