[LRflex] R10 speculation & wish list

  • From: Aram Langhans <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 07:36:27 -0700

Anymore things you would like to see on an R10?  I was playing with my Leicanon
getting ready for my trip to California, Hawaii, and all points south (of
Washington, NOT Hawaii) and came up with one idea I hope carries through from
their film cameras.  It is best summed up by Ted's KISS rule.  Yes, Leica,
please keep it simple.  I was taking some close-up's as I usually do.  I wanted
to use mirror lock up.  On the R8 it is so simple - just a flick of a switch.
Leicanon?  13 menu buttons to select and 13 more to unselect if you turn the
camera off and forget to do so.  A few less if you unselect right after the
shot.  I also need too use the +/- override when stopping the lens down a bit
as the meter does not read correctly (already discussed).  R8, just a flick of
the switch.  Leicanon, two buttons to press and then use the wheel.  Gee, I
hate that wheel.  R8, change f-stops on lens, change shutter on camera.
Separate controls for the most commonly used features.  I dislike multifunction
controls where you need to figure out what buttons to push to change the
function of the blasted wheel.

So, my message to Leica, if they are reading, is to keep the R8 style of
simplicity and controls and just put the additional things needed for digital
into the menus.  I guess just incorporate the DMR into the body as one unit and
keep the other controls.

My wife's Olympus 410, my friends Nikon D40x and another friend's Samsung all
are similar to the Canon.  I don't thing this is really an improvement on the
traditional design of the SLR's from the beginning.  Make sense????

Aram
Messenger Café — open for fun 24/7. Hot games, cool activities served daily.
Visit now.
http://cafemessenger.com?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_AugWLtagline