[LRflex] Re: R10 Speculation response. (also long)

  • From: "telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 12:43:22 -0400

David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> if there is a mount change or any of the current
>> R ROM lenses are compromised, i will pass on on
>> the new R digital...
>
> Personally, I'm with you... if the current lenses
> are useable only in aperture priority, with stop
> down metering, I might as well stay with my
> current (or newer) Canon's and adapters.

Likewise, except I'll stick with the DMR and keep watching the other
brands.  Someone is likely to catch up with the DMR's image quality
eventually.

>a aa wrote:
>
>> One reason I can think of for having a larger than full frame sensor
>> is to allow built into the body anti-shake, where the last few mm of
>> the sensor will not be within the image circle of the lens.
>
> Ah yes ... anti-shake.  I'd not thought about
> this!  I like the idea, for it makes sense!

This could make me very happy, particularly if it's electronic rather than
mechanical.

> If we are all worried about compatibility for
> our existing glass, and they come out with
> (a) a ff camera with
> (b) IS via electronic shifting on a 5% larger sensor and
> (c) AF that is implemented by electrical contacts in the existing mount
> we will all be so relieved, that we are likely to run, en
> masse, to the stores with our money in our hands!

As long at it has an SL-quality viewfinder I'll be running to the store
with you.

> Oh, and one more thing to speculate about ... Hr.
> Kaufmann announced the creation, in Switzerland,
> of Leica Cinema. Very few details on this,
> although it seems they are going after the commercial projection market.

to compete with the ELCAN projection-lens business?

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com