[LRflex] R10 $.....

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 09:43:17 -0700

On Oct 2, 2008, at 9:17 AM, wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx> wrote:

as long as we are guessing the eventual R10 cost, when it arrives
optimistically in 2010, or maybe later,  I will guesstimate
$10,000-12,000 USD,  maybe more if it appears later...

That's a lot of dollar deflation, which, given the US monetary mess, seems
very likely :(

and truly Doug, dollar deflation is only a small part of my admittedly, possibly very naive approximation... it's mostly based on the M8 cost two years ago, what I got it for, and M8.2 cost now....and the estimated cost of the S2...a guess, and its more realistic extrapolate maybe 6-12 months from now when the S2 appears...

and if the S2 might ultimately be priced at $20,000 or higher in USD, then making a rough guess where an R10 might come in ...

well that's enough BS from me right now... we'll just wait and see, I'll just go and take a few photos...

what I find sad but possible, is that even with my nice R lenses, Leica's strategy has managed to make an R10, even if it materializes,

basically unaffordable...

Steve

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento