[LRflex] Re: R lenses on a Canon

  • From: a aa <classwp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 15:05:36 -0400

Frankly, I don't believe there will ever be a Leica R digital
"solution". As time passes, there is less and less incentive for
Leica to offer a digital R body.

Speaking for myself I will put my Leicaflexes and  Rs ( From the
original Standard to the R-7)  and a select set of lenses: 21-35 zoom,
50/1.4- last type, 100 Macro, & 180 Apo on display next to my Alpha,
Contax RTS and Contarex bodies and lenses. Who knows, perhaps in 20
years they will become collectibles.

Like many others on this list I admire R lenses; let's not forget,
however, that optically Canon, Nikon and Zeiss are not standing still.
Whatever your preference, C or N, there is now a first class range of
chipped CZ prime lenses available to fit your camera. They couple to
the meter do not over- or under-expose when stopped down and are
available new. Having used CZ lenses on the RTS system, I am pretty
confident that optically CZ primes are in no way inferior to the
typical R lens. Add to this, a good selection of  the maker's own
zooms, and long teles, many with anti-vibration functions Add to this
a range of