[LRflex] Re: Question for DMR owners...

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 15:00:11 -0700

At 26/08/2007, you wrote:
you can call it a 1.2 final. i have upgraded but since then have only
been using the m8 and 5d. the color cast is gone on the lcd screen and
there are reports on better white balance. but still buggy. i was
really looking forward to sdhc support

Thanks, Mehrdad! Your post, however is rather disappointing. From what I'd been led to believe (from others, more "in the know" than myself - not by Leica), it would be a rather significant improvement, particularly in regards to white balance and a myriad of minor bug fixes. Sounds as if the bug fixes need one more "go 'round", though I fear that is unlikely, at this stage.

I don't think SDHC support was ever in the cards, as I don't think the hardware was sufficiently capable. Remember, the DMR was years late, thanks to Leica (in financial troubles at the time) depending on Imacon (also in financial difficulties, at the time). Pity, as I'd really liked to have kept my DMR, and had a truly significant upgrade in v1.3. Mind you, bugs or no, with v1.2, it was a formidable image cutter.... far superior to the Canon I am using until the R10 sees the light of day!

Incidentally, many folks have complained about the white balance in the DMR ... particularly with v1.0 and 1.1. However, with v1.2 I found the DMR's white balance to be every bit as good as the Canon 30D I'm presently using with my Leica glass.... it could stand an upgrade, too!

Thanks again, for your reply.