[LRflex] Re: Posted

  • From: "telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 13:33:14 -0400

The URL?

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Original Message:
-----------------
From: KEITH LONGMORE keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 18:03:44 +0100
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRflex] Posted

Ted, Doug
Well, Doug, I appreciate what you say, but I found LUG so slow and
perverse that I gave up.  I had to find a viable alternative.  But I
suspect this isn't a widespread issue; certainly my company - which is
very hot on blocking undesirable sites - doesn't block Pbase.

Ted, I'll tell you now, they aren't as sharp as they should be - or as I
expected.  And these are all digital photos, using autofocus.  On this
camera, the AF is usually very accurate, but for some reason that I
can't figure, it seemed to lose the supposedly locked setting as soon as
I pushed the button to the end.  So may I ask you to comment on content
and composition, and how you feel they could be improved, please, and
not worry about sharpness?  Hopefully, if I'd used the Leica, they would
have been sharp, though I find that I cannot get sharp posts by scanning
in prints, and I haven't had time to get my slide scanner up and running
again.  In this instance, I used the digi because I didn't want to lug
half a tonne of Leica kit around the show.  I will be getting two films
developed tomorrow from another Bank Holiday show, and these should be
sharp; I'll get the processor to create a CD, so they will be scanned
with far better quality than I can achieve.

I think the major benefit of a forum such as this is mutual critique;
and certainly that's why I joined it.

I was wondering if my digi has taken a dislike to the polarising filter
that I leave permanently on it.  It seemed OK a month or two back, but
many of those photos were not at the extreme tele end; anyone any view
on this thought?  I guess it would depend on how it computes the focus.

Cheers
Keith